5686_enc_blog_banner_fin2.jpg

6 Questions To Consider About College Life

Posted by ENC on Jan 16, 2015 10:19:03 AM

As a high school student, thinking about what you want in a college experience can be both difficult and exciting all at the same time. Colleges and universities have a unique blend of students and faculty from around the country and around the world, providing an environment unlike many others. Students are focused on graduating and receiving their degree, but also want to enjoy their experience in the process!

Before you enroll in a school, ask yourselves these questions to determine if the school you selected has systems in place to help you succeed and an environment into which you want to invest.

1. Where can I receive help on campus if classwork is harder than I anticipated?
  2. Are there students and groups on campus that I can relate to and have similar interests?
  3. Are the professors teaching classes or are teaching assistants teaching?
  4. What kind of off-campus opportunities are there for a student like me who likes the idea of the city but is not sure where to go or what to do?
  5. Is the campus the right size for me that will allow me to get plugged-in and make friends?
  6. Will I be able to talk to students and professors during my campus visit?
Softball_Fundraising

At ENC, our Center for Academic Success provides tutors and academic support, the First-Year Experience program helps freshmen get plugged in and adjust to college life, and the Student Government Association provides dozens of events, groups, and ministries to create an exciting campus experience for their fellow classmates.

At Eastern Nazarene College, we understand that students and parents have questions about campus life. When you come for a campus tour, talk to our Admissions counselors and ask these questions and any others you have. We want to ensure you have an incredible college experience from the first day you arrive all the way through to graduation. See you soon!

Written by ENC

Located in Quincy, Massachusetts on Boston’s historic South Shore, Eastern Nazarene College is a distinctively Christian liberal arts college. ENC is committed to the teaching and mentoring of students in a nurturing, spiritually enriched, and academically supportive environment. Offering a full breadth of academic programs, ENC prepares students to lead and serve in a diverse world by integrating the best in education and the best in Christian faith.

Find me on:

Topics: Campus Life, ENC Life